Fall Apple Cider
I LOVE this recipe! I can’t wait for fall just so I can drink it. It’s easy, smells good and is delicious.
- 2 liters (appr. 1 gallon) of natural apple juice – not from concentrate, if possible
- 6 whole cloves
- the peel of one orange
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 brown sugar if desired (if you can’t do sugar, don’t worry–it still tastes yummy without it!)
- For the adults ONLY: an optional shot of brandy
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot on the stove.
- Bring to boiling and boil for 2 minutes while stirring. Either serve immediately or leave on the lowest setting on the stove for partygoers to serve up as desired.
I enjoy serving this drink in a clear glass teapot. Put about half the cider in the teapot with a warmer underneath.