Nutty Chicken Strips (South Beach friendly)
This recipe is South Beach friendly–low carb and super simple
Nutty Chicken Strips
- Chicken breast strips, 1 pound
- 1 bag of ground almonds
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- (for an extra kick, 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper)
- Brush chicken breast strips with olive oil and heat up an additional Tbl. of oil in a medium-hot skillet.
- Put the nuts, salt, pepper(s) and oregano in a large ziploc bag, close, and shake to combine. Add the chicken strips to the bag and shake to coat.
- Fry the chicken strips in a large skillet, about 3-4 minutes on each side. check a strip by cutting it in the middle to make sure they’re getting cooked all the way through. Goes great with roasted green beans!