Roasted Green Beans
I’ve gathered this recipe mostly through word of mouth, so I don’t know where it originated. Here’s how I like it:
Roast Green Beans
- A bundle of fresh green beans–enough to fill a 9 x 12 in. baking pan about half way.
- 2 small or one large red onion
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbl. butter or margarine (no trans fat)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. ground garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Snap off the ends of the beans. Peel and halve the onions; then thinly slice.
- Mix the butter or margarine with the herbs, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle a small amount of oil into a 9 x 12 in. baking dish. Add beans and onions to the dish and stir. Dollop the butter mixture onto the green bean dish, evenly spaced.
- Bake for 10 minutes; stir. Bake 10 minutes more; stir and taste. If you like your beans really crunchy, take them out. If not, bake another 5-10 minutes. Use your judement on this one!