Here is a great recipe that my friend and former co-worker found somewhere on the internet. We use it here for our worship service. We make a few recipes ahead of time and freeze them until we use them on Sundays. One recipe can be divided for two “loaves” of bread.
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 220 ml water (just look on your liquid measuring cup-the ml are there 🙂
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 egg yolks
- Stir together flour and salt.
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or fork.
- Mix together water, oil and egg yolks. Pour into the dry mixture and stir with a wooden spoon as best you can.
- Form dough into a ball in the bowl and then divide into two, if desired. Roll or pat out in a flat round disc. Bake at 400 for 12 minutes on each side.