This goes great on Sour Cream Cheesecake! You can also use it to turn plain vanilla ice cream into a dessert fit for guests or use it on pancakes instead of syrup.
- 3 cups blueberries (if using frozen, thaw first)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Put 2 cups of the blueberries in a saucepan on the stove with the water, lemon juice and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Bring to boiling and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the other 1 cup blueberries and simmer for about 1 minute more.
- Mix the other 1/4 cup of sugar and the cornstarch together. Add the mixture to the blueberries and simmer for another minute while stirring. Remove from heat and cool in the refrigerator until ready to serve.